Saturday, August 15, 2009

On her 62nd Birthday..

Its 2 am in the morning on her 62nd birthday and I am sitting in front of my computer . I have a rush.. a sudden rush of patriotism .. no its not entirely because its Independence day .. I have always had these sudden rush or rather attacks of patriotic feelings and while my mind is in this state I usually start to browse trying to pull up articles, videos, news anything that Google can find regarding the great Indian achievements, blunders and of course war to read and ponder upon , some people might argue that we have learnt enough about our county in school, I too thought so before I showed some interest to learn about our country and was amazed by how much ignorant I have been towards our history.


Out of all the topics that I found amusing and one that tickles my brain is the birth of Pakistan: The partition of Hindustan into Pakistan and India. Why did it happen? and why is that the attitude of Pakistan towards India is so bad? Do pakistani people think that Indians are just like us or do Pakistanis really hate us so much that they don't even like the idea of associating themselves with the Indians or Indian muslims ? Why there is so much hatred in Pakistan towards India and why is Pakistan getting poorer by the day ? We both had equal time and opportunity and resources to grow. In fact pakistan was in a far more better state to start with as it did not have the population and poverty issue that India had to deal with.


While all these question began to build up I was fortunate to hit a link which brought me to this book about Pakistan , This is a very well written book describing the state of Pakistan, its people, its military spending and its corrupt elite society.

The book is written by Dr.Shiv Sastry after extensive research and genuine references are given for every claim that is made by the author in this book. I recommend one and all to read this book.


Oh and this has noting to do with our Jaswanth's book. I had written this blog a week before his book was released :)


Download the book here

No comments:

Post a Comment